Saturday 14 July 2018

Doing social service is actually for your own self interest

Image result for social service

All of us have come across situations in life where some or the other time we have been at the receiving end due to the discrepancy in the society. Due to someone else’s selfish motives or vested interest we had to bear the sacrifice. No matter how powerful you might have been but there are situations where you had to depend on others for your work to be done.  And at the end of the day we say it is not our mistake.

Firstly one must understand the basic purpose of society. Did man start to live in groups and formed civilizations as soon as he had been born? It was only later on that man realized that living together as a society gave us more leverage where everyone is responsible for the each other. So how can we say that just because that person is starving why should I do charity. If I am rich it is my hard work. You must realize that whatever you are today is influenced by others, either directly or indirectly. It could be your teachers, your neighbors the government. All of them impact the way our lives shape up.

So when we get a raw deal from the society we must take an initiative to correct it.

I have realized this very motive that feeding someone else’s child is invariably going to affect my life too. So forget about doing social service but even in my own self interest I am doing it.

Logic is simple, imagine that I am the only home in the area whilst everyone around me is hungry and has no shelter,clothing etc. Need i say further what is going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment